If your looking for Ceramic Braces in the Monmouth and Ocean County area then you’ve come to the right place.
Pros Cons, Cost, and Appearance
Ceramic braces are the same size and shape as Metal Braces, except that they have tooth-colored or clear brackets that blend in to teeth. Some even use tooth-colored wires to be even less noticeable.
Pros: Less noticeable than metal braces; move teeth much faster than clear plastic aligners (Invisalign)
Cons: More expensive than metal braces; Brackets can stain easily if patients don’t care for them well.
Ceramic and clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces. They offer an aesthetic alternative for patients seeking options other than traditional metal braces.
Ceramic and clear braces may cost more than traditional metal braces. Your orthodontist may offer convenient payment plans to help control the costs of your treatment. Be sure to talk to your orthodontist about all of your financial options.
Ceramic Braces: The Facts
- The extra cost is in the materials. Stainless steel (used in metal braces) is cheaper than ceramic, so patients must pay more for the difference in material.
- You’re paying for invisibility. The reason most people choose to pay a little bit more for ceramic is because they are less visible than metal ones. Kids with braces can sometimes be shy about speaking or smiling and ceramic braces can help them deal with these feelings.
- Not all of the cost is up front. The extra cost that comes with ceramic braces doesn’t stop when the braces go on. Ceramic braces typically require more trips to the orthodontist for maintenance and adjustments and that means more money. Ceramic braces are also not as strong as metal ones and repairing chips and cracks can add to the cost.
- Just like metal braces, the cost can vary. People who get ceramic braces don’t always pay more than people who get metal ones. The condition and number of teeth that need to be corrected, the age of the patient and the location are just some of the factors that can affect the cost of both ceramic and metal braces.
- Ceramic braces aren’t the most expensive. While a little more costly than metal braces, ceramics are still not the most expensive kind of braces. Inside braces, which are placed on the opposite side of the teeth and are hidden from view are significantly more expensive than ceramics. Aligners, which are removable trays custom fit to your teeth, are priced higher than ceramics.
Looing for other options?
Invisalign braces are great for people who do not have severe problems.
Plus, as the name implies, they are invisible!
For more information on getting you or your child a ceramic braces treatment Call or Email us today to set up your New Patient appointment.
Ceramic Braces Monmouth County, NJ
For our conveniently located Brick NJ office call 732–477–1808
Ceramic Braces Ocean County, NJ
For our conveniently located Colts Neck NJ office call 732–761–9700