Before Choosing an Orthodontist
- The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that all children should have an orthodontic evaluation by age 7. As an experienced orthodontist, Dr. Young can clearly see by age seven, whether developmental issues can turn into problems. Early detection of common orthodontic problems such as crowding, premature loss of baby teeth, cross bites, or many other unfavorable developmental issues can lead to implementation of the most appropriate treatment that can result in a shorter course of therapy and is less painful for the patient.Frequently, early intervention will not be necessary, except for careful monitoring your child’s dental development. This will give you peace of mind when it is not clear whether an issue you see is really a problem or just a stage of development that doesn’t require intervention.
- Dr. Young has personally treated over 7,300 children and adults since opening his practice in 1993. Some of our patients travel long distances to seek Dr. Young’s expertise and many area dentists refer their patients for his expert opinion on difficult cases.
- To seek treatment from an orthodontic specialist, you do not need to be referred by a general dentist. In fact, 50 percent of patients that are treated by Dr. Young are not referred by a general dentist. These patients come to us because of the recommendation of their friends and family, regarding their experience with Dr. Young, his reputation for personalized care and his professional staff.
- Orthodontic treatment is not just for children any longer! In fact, 20 percent of the patients treated by Dr. Young are adults. Many of our adult patients are finding out how healthy, attractive smiles can enhance their career, as well as their self–esteem and happiness.Even though you may not have gotten braces when you were young, why deprive yourself any longer of the many benefits of expert orthodontic treatment? In fact, several new procedures available today, such as Invisalign and even braces behind teeth are much more convenient for a busy adult’s schedule.
- Dr. Young makes orthodontic care affordable for your family. We offer NO COST initial exams and evaluations. We also accept major credit cards, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover and automatic debit services.
- Our practice accepts insurance assignment and we are experts at working with your plan to ensure you receive the maximum benefit available. On average, our patients with insurance coverage have about 20 percent of their orthodontic costs covered by insurance. We also gladly assist our patients with their Flex Spending account dollars to ensure that they plan in advance and maximize their benefits.
- Our practice offers complimentary initial orthodontic exams and evaluations and we offer early morning, evening and Saturday appointments for your convenience.
We are very confident about what you will discover at our offices and we encourage you to find out for yourself.
For more information about what you’ll need before choosing an orthodontist Call or email us today to set up your New Patient appointment.
For our Brick NJ office call 732–477–1808
For our Colts Neck NJ office call 732–761–9700
Can My Teen’s Driving Be Affected By Sleep Apnea?
Sleepiness is one of the symptoms of sleep apnea, causing accidents from excessive sleepiness. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a very important diagnosis for physicians to consider because of its strong association with, and potential cause of, the many debilitating medical conditions, including hypertension, cardiovascular disease, coronary artery disease, insulin-resistance diabetes, depression, and, as mentioned, sleepiness-related accidents.