Hawley and Invisible Retainers Monmouth County, NJ
Retainers are a critical part of your treatment. Your retainer is designed to hold your teeth in their corrected positions until the bone surrounding the roots of the moved teeth fill in and make them more solid. If we do not retain or hold the teeth following orthodontic treatment, the teeth will move back to their original positions.
Tips to ensure your retainers stay in good shape:
- Wear your retainers as instructed!
- Clean them with soap and water or
- Rinse them off with cool water
in between wear. NEVER use hot water!
- Do not flip them in and out of your mouth.
- NEVER wrap them in a paper towel or tissue.
- Always put your retainer in your case if you are not wearing it.
- Bring your retainer to your checkups so we can make sure they fit.
Click here to view this in a PDF.
Call our office today and make an appointment to learn more about retainers.
Brick NJ Office 732–477–1808 or in Colts Neck NJ at 732–761–9700
Do you suffer from Sleep Apnea?
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Sleep Apnea, most commonly used to refer to Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), is a sleep disorder that involves the complete obstruction of the airway while sleeping with no air entering the lungs. Apnea, means signifigant decrease in airflow. It is the most common type of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and is characterized by recurrent episodes of upper airway collapse during sleep. OSA events are defined as apneas and are often accompanied with arousals from sleep. It would be very rare for a patient with snoring not to also have sleep apnea. Read More